Thursday, July 7, 2011

YAYYY! for first posts!

Hello all of my broke beauty lovers! I am so happy that I finally have a blog to share all of my tips and thoughts about beauty. This blog is long overdue.. I couldn't think of a catchy enough name, but someone mentioned this to me and I slept on it and was like "Okay, this one is a winner!".

I am gearing this blog more towards people who love being fabulous but can't necessarily afford every MAC eyeshadow, or people like me who just don't see the point in paying $18 for an Urban Decay eyeliner when drugstores have just as good, if not better, quality products.

I, myself, am indeed a broke college student, who is also a beauty hoarder. I would say 99% of my collection is drugstore. I will occasionally venture out and hit up my local MAC counter or wander around ULTA and it doesn't help the situation that a Sephora is opening in the mall that I work at TOMORROW! :O

Needless to say, my obsession to constantly buy nail polish and lipstick is the reason that I am broke. Oh and bills and these obnoxious gas prices, but mainly nail polish and lipstick. I'm a firm believer in getting the most for my money, so if I can find excellent quality in a $2 nail polish I'M ON IT, rather than spending $14 on one nail polish. I'm also a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." That's mainly for tattoos, but sometimes for makeup as well. If you buy a $3 eyeshadow palette with 36 eyeshadows in it, I can almost bet your whole $3 that you're not going to get very good quality out of that.

With all that being said, I would love some feedback on what you would like to see on here. I have a couple ideas on tutorials and products I'm going to review, but this isn't really for me, it's for all you broke bombshells out there ;) Granted, I'm happy that I can finally share my thoughts because I do know what I'm talking about. I am not a licensed cosmetologist or esthetician, but it's in my blood. My mom has been doing hair for about 40 years now and I feel like she just passed everything down to me. I'm self-taught on everything and these are just my OPINIONS and how I do things.

I will be back soon with fun things to read!

Later lollipops!
xoxo Olysse

No comments:

Post a Comment