Friday, July 8, 2011

Review: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color

I have a million things that keep popping up in my head to blog about whether it's a review or a tutorial or just random things. For some reason these little buggers won't escape from me. Whether it's the fact that every time I go to Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, or CVS, I HAVE to buy one or the fact that they've been screaming "REVIEW ME!" in my head for the past 48 hours. Needless to say, this is one product that I'm okay with it not escaping from me.

I've always been a nail fanatic. Over the past 3 years, I've built up a decent collection and it only seems to get worse.Whenever I go somewhere that sells nail polish, I buy one. Well not just one, I usually walk out with at least 2. I've walked out of Wal-Mart having bought 7 nail polishes then go to Walgreens the next day and bought 5 more.. it's bad.

Okay now onto the review!

Packaging: 9
Brush: 9
Quality: 9.5
Product: 9.5

I am just in love with these polishes. The color range is great. The names are great. The packaging is great. Just pure LOVE. You can't help but be in love with a product like this especially for it's price.

I love the packaging because they make the lids big enough for the label to go on top. So when you're rummaging through your polishes you can go right to them. They recently changed the color of the lids from white to a gunmetal-ish color, which I'm kind of having mixed emotions about. The new ones are more modern, but I'm not sure they match the rest of the bottle like the white lids did. I'm not really complaining about it because it's definitely not anything that would make me not buy the product.

The brush isn't bad in these polishes. It's kind of small, but so is the bottle. I just wish all of Sally Hansen's nail products had the brushes that the Insta-Dri polishes do, but that's just me being a brat. The brush in the Xtreme Wear has pretty good coverage. I have fairly long nails and about three swipes does the trick.

It might've possibly been the climate that I was in, but I've found that some of the colors tended to clump up a lot more than others, which made it difficult to apply and make my nails thick which I don't like. I would say, with the exception of a few, the formula of these products is rather thick. You could get away with one coat with most of the colors.

At the end of the day, I will continue to buy these bad boys until they stop making them. That will be a sad day. I love the colors and they're great quality. Now for the fun things! Dollar general sells them for $2.50, Walgreens sells them for $2.99 but frequently has sales on them whether they're marked down or BOGO50 (currently 2/$4), I'm not sure of Wal-Mart or CVS' price but I think it's around $2.19 at Wal-Mart and $2.99 at CVS. Target is my winner though! Target sells them for $2.04! Also Target tends to have more colors than any other store I go to.

(L to R: Green with Envy, Pacific Blue, Sun Kissed, Mellow Yellow)
                      

(L to R: Blue It (old packaging), Lacey Lilac, Mint Sorbet)
 SN: I seem to be missing one of mine.. I used to have a hot pink, but when it came time for the photo shoot it was nowhere to be found :(

ASN: Sorry this is so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment