Friday, July 22, 2011

HOLY haul! Pt. 1

I realized that I haven't blogged in a week, but to be honest.. I've been busy-ish. Not really busy, but busier than I have been. Also, I can't blog in this heat. I feel like all of my makeup is melting. This has got to slow down some. I will not have melted makeup and nail polish bursting into flames.. my world will crumble. Seriously.

Sooooo, I kinda, sorta, maybe did a little, tiny bit of shopping. Just a smidgen. JAY KAY. I feel like I've gone a little overboard. Once again, shame on you debit card and online stores with great deals.

For the past week, I've been waiting for my ELF order to come in. Today, I felt like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus by running to the door every hour to see if the mail had come. I even kept a tab open that was tracking my order. THAT is how excited I was.

I ordered a decent amount and must say I was extremely pleased. Besides my melted/broken/idk-what-the-hell-happened lipstick :(

It is so hard to find a drugstore concealer that matches my skin tone. I got tired of looking and was just gonna go to MAC and pay the money because I knew it would work. UNTILLLLLLL I found ELF's complete coverage concealer in Dark. I was so happy (I'll probably say that after every product because really, everything in this haul makes me so happy). I decided to give it a try. I have their corrective concealer and I am not impressed. Granted, I don't have that much use for it, but I was still iffy. Let me bite my tongue.

There's 4 shades so you can mix them to get your perfect shade (I mix the two lightest shades). The consistency is nice, on the oily side, but nice. It comes with a little brush, but I prefer to use my fingers, and a mirror in the compact. And guess what? It conceals! It covered my blemishes right up. Matches my skin tone and covers my blemishes for $3? I'll take it.


I've recently become slightly obsessed with their cream liners. It didn't help that they came out with a teal (one of my favorite colors), so of course I bought it. Online does the real thing no justice whatsoever. My jaw dropped when I saw it in the package. It is beautiful! The only thing is that it's not as opaque as the other liners. It could be just their new colors, but to get full opacity you would probably need to go over it twice. This is just my first impression, based off of a swatch, so I could be wrong. I'm still in love with it though. I think it might be my favorite item out of the whole haul. It also has sparkles and an iridescent to it. It's adorable.


Since it's been so hot out, I haven't been wearing much makeup at all. Surprisingly, I haven't really needed to. My friend and I spent a couple days at her grandparent's condo earlier this week and soaked up some rays.. for an entire day and I do believe the sun is your friend. Well, my friend anyways. It evened out my face and I feel like it made my skin clearer. I have a nice glow that, for once, isn't sweat or my oily skin. I've also been looking for a nice tinted moisturizer so I decided to try ELF's. I'm not sure how I feel about it because I haven't had a chance to test it out for a full day. It has a really great smell though. Kind of like lotion. It's pleasant and it has SPF 15 in it. Lately, instead of just foundation, I've been mixing a little drop of it in my moisturizer for a homemade lighter coverage. I'm the shade Toffee Tone 4. It looks a lot darker online.

I also picked up a couple lipsticks which I am pleased with besides the one that didn't survive the whole trip. I emailed them so hopefully they let me get another one because out of the three that I picked up, it was my favorite shade. I also picked up a shimmering facial whip in Spotlight. Why? I have no idea. This is my third and I have yet to find a use for them. The idea sounded nice at the time. I got their eyelid primer in the two new shades, Pearl and Golden. I'm excited to try them out. Although when I swatched Pearl it seemed to be a little too oily, but once it was blended it seemed to be okay. I also ordered the waterproof eyeliner pen in Teal. Why did I buy two teal eyeliners? No clue. Good thing is that they're two different shades. The cream liner is more of a bright teal and the pen is a deeper teal. I had to let the pen stand straight up so the color would come out more so I'm interested to see how it works. It seemed to be drier than the others that I've tried. Last but not least, I picked up the stipple brush. It's not very dense, but I love it. A lot. Oh! I also got a free brightening eye color quad in Glam. It's mainly pinks, which I'm not normally a fan of but me likey.
Stipple Brush (which I've used already), Essential Lipstick in Seductive, Essential Lipstick in Gypsy, Eyelid Primer in Pearl, Eyelid Primer in Golden, Cream Eyeliner in Teal Tease
Not pictured: Essential Lipstick in Fantasy :(

Top Row: Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Teal, Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight, Corrective Coverage Concealer in Dark
Bottom Row: Brightening Eye Color in Glam and Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Toffee Tone 4
I've decided to do a second post for the rest of my haul. I didn't expect this one to be this long.. hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment