Tuesday, July 12, 2011

E.L.F Brushes

I've been slacking extremely and I have absolutely no excuse for it. Maybe it's because I've been consumed in the Harry Potter marathons going on.. yep, that's it.

I've thought about whether I wanted to do a tutorial or what I should talk about because I feel like if I review a product everyday, that would get boring. Maybe I'll do a tutorial later when I get ready for work.. sounds like a good idea.

One of the greatest things that I've come across in my inexpensive makeup journey is E.L.F Cosmetics, in particular their brushes. I was first introduced to E.L.F about 5 years ago when a Target close to me was going out of business and ever since then, it's been love. Back then, I didn't really care too much about the quality since I was so young, but now I totally respect them and the fact that they're progressively making their products better.

The key to creating the perfect look is having the right brushes. Spending $20+ on one eye shadow brush is just unrealistic to me. That's why E.L.F is so great. Their brushes range from $1-$5 and they have just about every brush you could need.

I have almost all of the brushes from their Essentials line, which are $1. I also have almost all of the brushes from their Studio line, which are $3. I do not own any of their mineral brushes, which are $5.

If I do say so myself, the $1 brushes are fabulous for the price. The quality isn't comparable to MAC, but it sure surpasses what you should get for $1. There are about 14 brushes total in the Essentials, including two new brushes which I have yet to get my hands on.

 

The only problem I have with these brushes are that they tend to separate from the barrel. That could just be from my brushes being a little older and being sloppy when I clean them and getting water in the barrel. That is honestly my only problem. They get the job done without shedding all over my face, with the exception of the Blushing, Bronzing, and Blending brush. I should've clarified a bit more, I've mainly been talking about the eye brushes. The face brushes are okay, they're not my favorite. Like I've said, they're $1 so I'm really not expecting much out of them.

The studio brushes are a different story. They are FABULOUS. Yes they are $3, but it's worth it. They are made with a little better quality and they're packaged differently. They look expensive. I'm all for looking like a million bucks when I barely spent any money. 

 
 
I don't really know what else to say about them besides the fact that they're ABFAB. I haven't had any problems with them shedding or loosening from the barrel yet. I just love them. They're like my children. 

In my tutorials, about 99% of my brushes will be E.L.F. So if you're looking to get your brush game up without breaking the bank, this is the brand to go for. Dollar General, Big Lots, and Dollar Tree all sell the Essentials brushes, and Target sells both Essentials and Studio brushes. If you're willing to invest the extra $2, go for the Studio brushes. I do recommend buying the eye shadow and blending eye brush from Essentials though. Studio face brushes are great and Essentials eye brushes are great. So you pick.

I also recommend buying the brush shampoo and the daily disinfecting spray (which I still have YET to get my hands on), but they are both also $3. I try to clean my brushes at least once every week. I'm starting to double up on my brushes so I don't have to clean them as often, which is terrible. I do the same thing with my laundry. Instead of doing laundry, I'll just go buy more clothes. I need to kick that habit.

Currently on E.L.F's website, you can get 7 Studio brushes for free (excluding the stipple and kabuki) with a $30 purchase using the code 7BRUSHES at checkout. They ALWAYS have some sort of deal going on.

Here's some more goodies for the website :)
Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more- SHIP25
20% off next purchase- TAF20
50% off minerals- ECD11
BOGO50 on orders of $25 or more- ECD4
50% off orders (up to $15)- CAROLINA
50% off Studio line (max $50)- ECD21

SN: I have loved Adele for about 3 years now and the past couple days I CANNOT get enough of her music!

Until next time lollipops!
xoxo Olysse

No comments:

Post a Comment